Sunday, March 16, 2014

March 16: Amazing Love

This weekend I witnessed about 20 teens, along with some adults,  build an incredible community.  How is that possible in just two days?  The Holy Spirit.  Jesus.  God.

I saw these teens---so often dismissed by popular culture as the “self-centered” generation---give of their hearts.  I saw them take each other under their wings.  Even those who are often cast to the edges.  

I saw adults give their time and energy to make sure these teens  know that they are beloved, they are valuable, they are important.

I witnessed sacrificial, compassionate love---all in the name of Jesus.

This weekend I tasted Heaven----God’s holy presence.  God was revealed through the giving, loving and serving of these beautiful disciples.  A community of humans inspirited with the Divine.  

And I am changed.  I am changed because I know Jesus lives.  He lives in this community, and I am so blessed to have been a part of this weekend.  My prayer today?  That I don’t forget this.....that the change is imprinted on my heart.....that I pass it forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment